- To be respected and treated as an equal.
- To say no to someone who asks me out.
- To suggest activities or refuse activities.
- To have my own feelings and ideas and share them without worrying about how my dating partner will react.
- To speak up when I think my dating partner’s actions or language are unfair or hurtful.
- To express my opinions and be heard by my partner.
- To have my limits and values respected.
- To refuse physical touch with anyone, at any time for any reason.
- To have friends and space aside from my dating partner.
- To leave the relationship.
- To have my privacy rights respected, including the rights to private conversations, phone calls, text messages, social networking activities, emails, etc.
- To determine my limits and values.
- To respect the limits and values of others.
- To give my dating partner space to be their own person.
- To own my actions and feelings.
- To communicate clearly and honestly.
- To compromise when needed without compromising myself.
- To ask for help when I need it.
- To check my actions and decisions to decide if they are good or bad for me.
- Not to try to have power or control over my partner.
- To respect the privacy of others, including their rights to private conversations, phone calls, text messages, social networking activities, emails, etc.