My Relationship Rights
- To be respected and treated as an equal.
- To say no to someone who asks me out.
- To suggest activities or refuse activities.
- To have my own feelings and ideas and share them without worrying about how my dating partner will react.
- To speak up when I think my dating partner’s actions or language are unfair or hurtful.
- To express my opinions and be heard by my partner.
- To have my limits and values respected.
- To refuse physical touch with anyone, at any time for any reason.
- To have friends and space aside from my dating partner.
- To leave the relationship.
- To have my privacy rights respected, including the rights to private conversations, phone calls, text messages, social networking activities, emails, etc.
My Relationship Responsibilities
- To determine my limits and values.
- To respect the limits and values of others.
- To give my dating partner space to be their own person.
- To own my actions and feelings.
- To communicate clearly and honestly.
- To compromise when needed without compromising myself.
- To ask for help when I need it.
- To check my actions and decisions to decide if they are good or bad for me.
- Not to try to have power or control over my partner.
To respect the privacy of others, including their rights to private conversations, phone calls, text messages, social networking activities, emails, etc.